Signing in - troubleshooting
Velogicfit's windows applications, 3D Motion and 3D Aero, require you to sign into your Velogicfit account when the application starts. If you're having trouble signing in, this guide will help you to resolve your issue.
How does the sign-in process work?
The purpose of the sign-in process is to obtain a license file for your velogicfit application. When you run a velogicfit application, it checks your computer for a license file to ensure that you're a valid user of that application.
License files remain valid for 5 days after issue. So if you're travelling somewhere without an internet connection, you will still be able to use your velogicfit application for up to 5 days after the last time you signed in and obtained a new license. If you've got a valid license file on your computer, you won't see the sign-in prompt at all. If you don't have a valid license file on your computer, you'll see the sign-in window when the application starts. After you sign in, the application will request a license file from our server. If that process is successful, the application will check the license & you'll be able to continue using the application.
The remainder of this document deals with sign-in troubleshooting scenarios.
Problem: You can't remember your password.
That's an easy one. You can easily reset your password via our website: app.velogicfit.com
Problem: You get "Couldn't sign in" message when you try to sign in.
If you see this message on the sign-in window, most likely you have made a typo in either your username or password.
- If you think that they're definitely correct, but not being accepted: try signing in to the velogicfit website app.velogicfit.com using the same username and password. If you can't sign in to the website either, you may need to reset your password.
- If you can sign in successfully from our website, but not from your 3D Motion or 3D Aero application - you may need to allow 3D Motion or 3D Aero through your firewall. If you don't know how to do that, please get in touch with us and we'll help.
Problem: you get "Could not obtain a valid license" message
This means that you were able to sign in, but our servers couldn't create a valid license file for your application. The reason for the failure is shown on the error message. The most common reason is that you've changed to a different computer (or something about the hardware on your current computer has changed, so it looks like a new computer).
You'll need to contact us to correct the error - and please include information from the error message when you do contact us! Pro tip - you can press <ctrl>-<c> on your keyboard to copy the text of the error message to your clipboard, and then paste it into your message to us.
Problem: you want to get a "fresh" license file because you're going to be offline for a few days
As mentioned above, a license file is valid for 5 days after issue. You can force your velogicfit application to request a fresh license file as follows:
- Run your application.
- Press F12 key on your keyboard to bring up the "Tools" window
- On the Credentials tab, click "Clear cached login" and "Clear cached license", then click "Restart"
- When the application restarts, you will be prompted to sign in. After you've signed in, you will be given a fresh license file.
- You can validate that the license file is present by turning off you're computer's internet access (e.g. by going into airplane mode, or unplugging your network cable) and running the application again. It should run without prompting you to sign in. If you aren't asked to sign in, you’ve got a valid license file.